WHAT IT IS
Office 365 is a cloud-based service hosted by Microsoft that brings together familiar Microsoft Office applications with business class emails, shared calenders, instant messaging, video conferencing and file sharing.
As the Cloud (off-site file hosting service) powers Office 365, it enhances productivity within any organisation allowing access to your applications and files from virtually anywhere and from any device. In short, desktop functionality with web-based convenience, supporting multiple devices.
Office 365 is the same Office you already know but with more features to benefit your business. There are multiple plans available, which allow you to tailor IT perfectly to your business requirements.
As a preferred supplier for Microsoft, alphatech are able to recommend a plan to suit your business requirements and provide the installation and full after care support you need.
WHY YOU MIGHT NEED IT?
- Productivity in your organisation is of utmost importance.
- You need a centralised system that’s allows all staff access to files and applications from any remote location and from any device.
- If you want the security of knowing that your data is backed up.
- You need devices to synchronise data (e.g emails, calendars) automatically.
- You want to securely view and edit your email, contacts and calendar from any computer.
- You don’t have IT expertise in-house but want to stay in control.
- You need the reassurance that you have a system in place with specialists at the other end of the phone if needed.
- Security and reliability is vital to your business.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IT?
- Get rid of servers and upgrade fees. With Office 365 all updates are automatically carried out by Microsoft, saving you time and money.
- With Microsoft taking on all the responsibility for security and reliability, you can relax letting Microsoft do the heavy lifting.
- Good accessibility on numerous devices. Office 365 is now available on all mobile devices and can be accessed on your iPad & iPhone. You can install and work on your device the same as your PC.
- Putting your e-mail in the Cloud instead of on site will prevent your whole business going down in the event of power outages, floods, fires etc.
- Properly synced mobile devices. E-mail, calendar and contacts all work together flawlessly. Update a contact on your mobile and it will update across all your synced devices automatically.
- It’s easy to use. Microsoft has invested heavily and spent a tremendous amount of time making the user and administrator experiences of Office 365 as easy and simple as possible.
- Larger mailbox storage. With a 50GB mailbox you can store every e-mail you ever receive and never have to worry about deleting your crowded inbox to receive more recent e-mails.